Interested in volunteering? Here’s a brief overview of what’s involved:
- Meeting frequency: Quarterly (four meetings per year)
- Time commitment: 1-year and two-year terms, with the option for renewing
- Purpose: To ensure the District is expending bond proceeds only for the purposes set forth in Measure H, as approved by the voters.
What usually happens at these meetings?
- Committee members receive updates from staff on recent activity related to the bonds.
- Committee members review expenditure reports on a quarterly basis.
- Occasionally there are site tours (optional), allowing committee members to see new and upcoming projects firsthand.
- Once a year, the committee issues an annual report outlining their activities and conclusions regarding the expenditure of bond proceeds.
Do I qualify for the Committee?
- Employees, vendors, contractors, and consultants of the district are prohibited by law from being members of the committee.
- Ideal candidates will possess any combination of knowledge in the district, local community involvement, experience in finance/budgeting, and/or community relations. The Chancellor’s office reviews applications, selects candidates and makes recommendations to the Board of Trustees. Members of the Committee are appointed by the Board of Trustees.
How do I apply?
- To apply online please go to: